2013 is fast approaching. It marks the 100th anniversary of the foundation of the Irish Volunteers. You can join the Irish Volunteers Commemorative Organisation, when you do you will receive an Irish Volunteers Membership card.
You will also receive a newsletter 6 to 7 times each year.
The fee for joining is €20 lifetime membership. This money helps pay for administration costs: membership cards, exhibition and commemoration expenses, site administration etc. This is a non-profit organisation.
- Lifetime membership fee is €20 (or the equlivalent in your currency).
- You will receive your membership card by post.
- The I.V.C.O. will hold member only meetings every six weeks approximately. At these meetings there will be lectures and general discussion among members on the history of the Irish Volunteers. Club events and forthcoming tours will be discussed and finalized.
- Members who supply an email address will automatically be signed up for the Irish Volunteers e newsletter (published 6-7 times a year).
- Membership is international and open to all.
- As a member you will be invited to accompany us on tours of the major museums in Ireland and also to visit the scenes of major actions during the War of Independence. Lectures will be given at these locations.
- Remember, the goal of the I.V.C.O. is to keep the memory of the Irish Volunteers alive. In a fast moving world we need to remember the sacrifices of previous generations. By joining the Irish Volunteers Commemorative Organisation you are helping to perpetuate their memory.
The membership card is a small hardback booklet. The cover is made of high-quality green linen material.
New 1916 Commemorative Membership Card below:
Your card will be stamped and signed with your details, including commencement date of membership and membership number.